*Apricot Glazed Chicken
We got a Traeger smoker and have absolutely LOVED it! So, the next little while I will be posting some recipes on the smoker. Apricot glazed chicken thighs was the first thing we tried.
6 - 8 Boneless chicken thighs
1 Cup apricot BBQ sauce
3 Tablespoons chicken stock (broth)
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 teapoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1) When ready to cook, start Traeger grill on smoke (165*) with lid open 4-5 minutes until fire is established. Set temperature to 350* and pre-heat, lid closed 10 - 15 minutes.
2) Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place directly on the grill grate. Cook 10 - 15 minutes until lightly browned.
3) Transfer chicken thighs to a shallow cast iron pan. Combine ingredients for glaze into a small bowl and pout over chicken.
4) Return to the grill grate (in the cast iron pan) and cook 15 - 20 minutes more until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Occasionally baste chicken with sauce. If chicken is bone-in, double the cooking time.
5) Remove from grill and garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
Sorry the finished plate with asparagus doesn't look very clean, but we cooked our asparagus on the grill with mozzarella (about 15 minutes). Then, poured extra sauce over the chicken for added flavor.