We have been doing pulled pork again and found that the perfect topping for pulled pork sandwiches is coleslaw. It gives you just the right amount of sweet and crunchy to add to your pulled pork sandwich. Take a look
1 Medium cabbage - about 2 lbs. (I like to use some purple and some green cabbage for more color)
3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
1/2 Cup loosely packed parsley, coarsely chopped
1 Cup Mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Celery Seeds
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1. Pull off outer leaves of cabbage. Use a combination of green and purple/red cabbage for a nice color variety.
2. Quarter the cabbage through the core, then cut out the core. Cut each quarter crosswise in half and shred.
3. Place shredded cabbage in a large bowl.
4. Add shredded carrots and parsley to cabbage and toss to mix.
5. In a separate bowl, stir mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Taste for acidity and seasoning to adjust as desired.
6. Pour 2/3 of the dressing over cabbage mix and toss to coat.
7. Add more dressing as needed. Save extra dressing for sandwich sauce.
Add to pulled pork sandwiches or use as a side salad.