Need something quick for breakfast? You can make these and keep them in the freezer. Then, when you need breakfast or a snack you just pop one or two in the microwave for a minute or two.
10 Large Eggs
Minced Onion (to taste)
Basil (to taste)
Rosemary * Optional
Meat - finely chopped
12 strips of Turkey Bacon
1. Preheat the over to 375*. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray, or use a copper muffin tin.
2. Cook 12 strips of turkey bacon (this can be done in advance). I like to cook a whole package of turkey bacon and keep it in a gallon Ziploc in the fridge. Line muffin slot with a piece of bacon.
3. In a large bowl, whisk egg, minced onion, basil and rosemary (if using).
4. Use a small ladle to scoop some mixture into each muffin slot. Top each serving with cheese and your other meat. You can use sausage, gyro meat, turkey, any deli meat, your choice.
5. Bake until eggs are set, about 12 - 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Be creative. You don't even need to use bacon to line each frittata, but it's really delicious. If you are using regular, thick cut bacon. Cook on a baking sheet (on aluminum foil) for about 8 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels to remove excess grease. The bacon should be pliable and easy to manipulate around the muffin tin.
You can put left-over frittatas in a gallon Ziploc bag in the freezer and enjoy these little guys anytime. I love to just grab some when I'm in a hurry. If warming from frozen do 1 minute, then turn the frittata over and cook for 1 more minute. If the frittata has thawed somewhat, you may only need 1 - 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave.
Tip: Turkey Bacon is wide. You can actually cut them in half long-ways so they don't hang out the top.