Do you love shrimp? Need a good recipe for grilling? This is the place. We found an amazing marinade for shrimp and chicken. This is a quick and easy recipe.
2 lbs Shrimp (jumbo)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon Lime zest
1 teaspoon Paprika
2 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted
1 Tablespoon Cilantro
1 Lemon, cut into wedges
2 Limes, cut into wedges
Soak Skewers in water for at least an hour before using. This will keep them from breaking and being brittle when put on the grill.
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, garlic, salt pepper, lemon and lime zest and paprika.
Add shrimp to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.
You can combine ingredients in a small bowl and put the shrimp in a gallon Ziploc. Then pour mixture into bag and squish around to get a nice coating on all the shrimp. Put in fridge until ready to use.
4. Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
5. Skewer shrimp. Putting 4 - 5 on each skewer.
6. Put some olive oil on foil or paper towel and carefully rub on grill grate.
7. Preheat smoker to 300*, lid closed
8. Once smoker reaches 300*, put skewers directly on grill grate.
9. Cook 3 minutes on each side until no longer translucent with a lightly charred surface.
10. Pull off grill and brush with melted butter
* Garnish with cilantro, lemon and lime wedges.