I may have mentioned I like to combine flavors and recipes. I had some Italian sausage and thought it might be fun to do a different take and mix cultures.
8-inch Corn Tortillas
2 lbs. Italian Sausage
1 lb. Bacon
Cilantro Lime Crema
1. Cook sausage in a large skillet until all is browned. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon, chop into small pieces and combine with cooked sausage. Set aside.
3. Put about 1/2-inch of oil in a small 8-inch skillet. Heat the oil. Once ready (sprinkle water on oil, and if it spits and pops it's ready), fry one tortillas at a time. About 30 seconds on each side, until golden brown and stiff.
4. Assemble some layers while you fry the eggs. I like mine over medium to cook all the whites, but leave a nice runny yolk. Spread guacamole on the tortilla, add meat (bacon & sausage), sprinkle shredded cheese. Top this with your fried egg.
5. Top with chopped lettuce and tomatoes and Cilantro Crema sauce, and enjoy!
You can do a second layer of tostada, guacamole, meat, cheese and egg if you are really hungry.