Lobster Bisque Pot Pies
We love lobster! We found you can get a 2 lb bag of lobster chunk meat at Csotco. We wanted to find new ways to use it. This is one of our creations. This recipe is enough to make 6 - 8 bowls of pot pies - depending on the size of your bowls.
1 - 2 pack of Lobster Bisque Soup (Costco)
2 cans Whole Kernel Corn
1 lb Southern Style Hashbrowns
2 lb bag Lobster chunk meat
1 container Sweet Hawaiian Rolls (Pillsbury)
1 container Sheet Dough
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Take Grands Sweet Hawaiian Flaky Layers and split 1 biscuit of dough in half. Roll out with flour and a rolling pin until the roll is big enough to cover the bottom of the bowl. Take the Dough sheet and roll out into 6 long strips. You will use these to cover the sides of the bowl. Drape a little dough around the top of the bowl so it will stay in place. Make sure the bottom and sides of each bowl are covered with dough.
3. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until golden brown.
4. Thaw lobster chunk meat under hot water. Drain excess water and chop into small pieces.
5. In a large pot on the stove warm the Lobster Bisque. Thicken using 1/4 Flour & 2 cups water (or milk) stir until all lumps are gone and add to Bisque over heat. Heat until Bisque is thick.
6. Add Lobster chunk meat, hashbrowns and corn to the Bisque. Heat and stir until all items are warm. Add salt & pepper to taste. Do this step while your base & sides of the pot pie are baking.
7. Again, roll out the Grands Sweet Hawaiian Flaky Layers rolls out as you did in step 2 so that you have enough dough for each bowl. Cut a few holes in these for ventilation.
8. Once bowls are out of the oven, fill each with soup mixture. It should be thick with the lobster bisque creating more of a gravy than soup.
9. Cover each bowl (filled with soup mixture) with the rolled out dough circles.
10. Bake at 350* for another 10 - 15 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Notes: These soup bowls are really big, enough for two servings. Prep time: 1 hour 30 minutes. Total cook time 2:00 hours.
This is something that takes a good chunk of time to make, but since there are none to be found out there, it is worth it.