Last week I discovered a gluten-free, dairy free pudding recipe and have been experimenting with it. Also, last week we made brown buttered mushroom pork chops and Bison breakfast sausage.
First I will share this new recipe for glute-free, dairy-free pudding. Above is white peach/blackberry. Here is the recipe for Blackberry.
1 1/2 Cups Water
1/4 Cup Cornstarch
1/4 tsp kosher Salt
2 Egg Yolks
24 oz (or 3 Cups) Blackberries
1/2 Cup Sugar (white)
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1. Whish together the water, cornstarch and salt until well combined. Whisk in the egg yolks. Set aside.
2. Blend the blackberries, sugar and lemon juice into a puree. Pour the puree into a saucepan and bring to a simmer (bubbling around the edges) over high heat. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk about 1 Cup of the hot puree into the cornstarch mixture. Pour the tempered cornstarch/berry mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining puree, whisking vigorously.
4. Return the saucepan to the cooktop and heat over medium heat. Bring the pudding to a boil, whisking frequently. The pudding will thicken and the bubbles will rise large and slow, making a "gloop or plop" sound.
5. Continue to simmer for 2 minutes, whisking frequently. Immediately strain the pudding through a wire mesh sieve. Pour the strained pudding into a shallow container and cover with a piece of plastic wrap, directly touching the surface of the pudding. Chill for at least 2 hours and serve in dessert cups with fresh berries and whipped cream. Best if eaten within 3 days.
For peach pudding, Remove pit and slice up peaches (about 3 - 4 cups) and puree. No need for straining as there are no seeds.
I'm just going to post this for now. I am having issues downloading more photos. So, keep checking back for the Bison Breakfast Sausage and other recipes.