*Smoked Crab Legs
Bring out the flavor by smoking them. It's easily a favorite.
4 lbs Crab legs
12 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic (or 2 Cloves of fresh)
2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Fin & Feather Rub (Traeger)
1. Set the smoker to 350* and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
2.In a small saucepan over medium low heat melt butter, add garlic and lemon juice.
3. Place crab legs in a roasting pan (like one you would use to bake a turkey). If the crab legs are too long to fit in the roasting pan, break them down at the joints by twisting, or using a heavy knife or cleaver.
4. Pour butter mixture over crab legs (or use a brush to get each one), turning legs to coat. Sprinkle fin & feather rub over the legs.
5. Cook crab legs for 20 - 30 minutes (depending on the size of the legs) until cooked through. You may baste once or twice during cooking time, using the sauce at the bottom of the pan. When shells are pink/red the legs are ready.
6. Transfer crab legs to a large platter and divide the sauce and accumulated juices between 4 dipping bowls and enjoy!
*Cook times may vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.