These lucious lobster tails were a hit! We did these on the smoker. So get ready for a treat.
2 Lobster Tails
4 Tablespoons Garlic Butter *
4 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Parsley for garnish
*If you don't have Garlic Butter, use 8 Tablespoons of Butter and 1 Tablespoon Mince Garlic (or 1 Clove Garlic finely chopped).
Oak Pellets for the Smoker
1. Prepare lobster by cutting down the middle of the tough shell toward the tail with kitchen shears. Cut to the sides once you reach the last knuckle. Using your fingers, gently pry the meat from the shell, keeping it attached to the base.
2. Make a slit down the middle of the meat to butterfly it open on the top. Place lobster tails on a baking sheet.
3. Melt butter and garlic butter (or just garlic) in small saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk in lemon juice and parsley.
4. Pour about 1 Tablespoon butter mixture over lobster tails. Keep the remaining mixture warm.
5. When ready to cook, set temperature to high (450*), and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
6. Remove lobster tails from baking sheet and arrange directly on the grill grate. Cook 25 - 30 minutes, or until the meat is white and opaque.
7. Transfer tails to plates and serve with remaining butter mixture.