*Smoked Peas & Bacon
Updated: Jun 19, 2020
This is an excellent side dish! You can make it with Sugar Snap Peas or Broccoli.
Ingredients (this is perfect for 2 people):
Maple pellets for the smoker (any pellets work fine)
1/2 lb bag sugar snap peas
3 - 6 strips Turkey Bacon * You may use regular bacon, and the number of pieces depends on how much bacon you like.
3 Tablespoons Garlic Butter
1 - 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
Maple Multigrain seasoning, to taste
1. Set smoker to 350*, lid closed for 15 minutes.
2. Add sugar snap peas and garlic butter to a cast iron skillet. Drizzle maple syrup evenly over the peas.
3. Cut bacon into 1" squares and add to the skillet with the peas. Spreading out evenly.
4. Sprinkle with maple multigrain seasoning.
5. Cook 15 - 20 minutes, stir half-say through cooking time.
Bacon should be cooked and peas will be a darker green and soft shells. Add to your main dish and enjoy!
You may do this recipe with Broccoli instead of peas, or any combination of vegetables.