Sometimes you just want some good old fashioned pot roast. Well, this pot roast is a step up because you get all that delicious smoked flavor. This recipes serves 4 - 6 people.
16 oz Chuck Roast
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
2 Cups baby red potatoes, halved
2 Cups Carrots, 2-inch diced (or baby carrots)
2 Cups Pearl Onions, peeled
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 Cup Sherry or Red Wine (or Red Wine Vinegar)
1 Tablespoon Rosemary
1 Tablespoon Thym
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1. Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. Rub roast with mixture.
2. When ready to cook, set temperature to 180* F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
3. Smoke the chuck roast for 1 1/2 hours. Remove roast from grill and increase temperature to 275*F.
4. Transfer the smoked chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, chili powder, sherry wine, rosemary, thyme, and chicken stock to a large Dutch oven.
5. Place the lid of the Dutch oven and place into the smoker. At 275*, braise the roast for 4 - 5 hours or until meat is very tender.
6. Shred/cut roast and serve with the potatoes and carrots.