Updated: Jun 30, 2021
I finally am able to add some pictures. This is a fantastic new recipe we tried that is low-Carb. You can be creative to use different ingredients, but this is the basic recipe.
4 Large Tomatoes
4 squares mozzarella cheese (and more grated for the top)
Parsley (or chives)
4 Large Eggs
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400* and brush Olive Oil on the bottom of a glass cake pan 9x13.
2. Prepare the tomatoes:
a. Cut the top off the tomato, keep it a straight cut as you will use the top to balance the tomato in your pan as it bakes.
b. Cut around the edges of the tomato, diagonally toward the middle to cut the "spokes". Spoon out the insides and place them in a bowl. You will not be using these.
c. Place the top of the tomato, flat side down in the pan. Then place the cleaned out tomato on the top so it won't roll.
3. Sprinkle the insides of the tomatoes with parsley (or chives).
4. Cut 4 small squares of mozzarella and place a square in the bottom of each tomato.
5. Crack 1 egg (per tomato) and pour into the tomato on top of the cheese.
6. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on each egg and add a little squeeze of mayonnaise (or preferred sauce).
7. Load grated mozzarella on top so it it rounded on top and sprinkle with a little more parsley (or chives)
8. Cook for 25 minutes at 400*. Make sure the egg is cooked with a fork before pulling out of the oven with hot mitts.
9. Remove from the oven and enjoy. Be careful to let cool as the tomato will be hot.