*Triple Berry Fruit Leather
Do you like fruit leather, but don't like all the sugar and extra things that are in it? Here's how you can make your own.
48 oz. bag of Frozen berries
4 heaping Tablespoons sugar
1. Thaw berries, half the bag at a time by putting berries in a strainer and running hot water over them until they are soft.
2. Put berries and two heaping Tablespoons of sugar into a blender. I use a Blendtec blender and use the "smoothie" setting. If using a typical blender you want to puree the berries.
3. Put a fine mesh strainer over a bowl or large glass measuring cup and pour puree through the strainer. Using a spatula to stir and smash puree through. This will remove all the seeds.
4. Take parchment paper and lay it on a flat surface. Using a knife or spatula spread berry puree onto parchment in a circle. This should be a pretty thin layer, but you don't want any parchment paper showing through the berries.
5. Slide one of the cooking trays from the Air Fryer Oven under the parchment paper and spread.
6. Wrap the parchment paper around the sides of the cooking tray.
7. Do this will all 3 cooking trays and insert them into the Air Fryer Oven. Keeping the parchment paper wrapped around the sides and tucked in the groves.
8. Use the Dehydrator setting - icon that looks like fruit, in the lower right side of the settings.
9. Using the arrows on the left increase the temperature to 125*. Using the arrows on the right increase the cooking time to 5 hours.
10. Once done remove the trays using hot pads or tongs. I have found that tongs work really well, just use both hands to remove the trays and grip firmly.
11. Roll each one and put them in a Ziploc bag for storing.
Now you can store them and enjoy whenever you wish.